Last year at about this time I announced that I was going to read twelve books from the BBC’s Big Read List of 2003. I had so much fun plowing through these gems that I intend to challenge myself again, but with a much different list.
This year I will read some of the best that speculative fiction has to offer. Some of these books have been around for awhile and I’m ashamed that I haven’t picked them up sooner, and some are still fairly new.
Either way, I’m excited to dive in!
Here’s is this year’s list:
- Howl’s Moving Castle – Diana Wynne Jones
- Inkheart – Cornelia Funke
- Everneath – Brodi Ashton
- The Name of the Wind – Patrick Rothfuss
- Redshirts by John Scalzi
- Lies of Locke Lamora – Scott Lynch
- Under Heaven – Guy Gavriel Kay
- The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
- Existence – David Brin
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane – Neil Gaiman
- Going Postal – Terry Pratchett
- A Wizard of Earthsea – Ursula K. Le Guin
What are you planning to read this year? Share in the comments!
Also – I’m still taking names for feature posts in the future, this includes writers, artists, cosplayers, and musicians. If you, or someone you know, would like some shameless self promotion, let me know!
Related posts and websites:
Pingback: Book of the Month: Howl’s Moving Castle | Jodi L. Milner, Author
Pingback: Reading Review for 2019 | Jodi L. Milner, Author