One of my resolutions is to read more books from the BBC Book List Challenge, specifically one book a month. As of today I’ve only read 27 of the 100 listed and there are some terrific books on there that I’ve been meaning to read. Here are the twelve that I’m planning on tackling this year.
- A Christmas Carol – Charles Dickens. Admittedly I cheated and started this one during the last week of December, but it still counts!
- A Prayer for Owen Meany – John Irving
- Cloud Atlas – David Mitchell
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Heart of Darkness – Joseph Conrad
- Midnight’s Children – Salman Rushdie
- The Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold
- A Town Like Alice – Nevil Shute
- Dune – Frank Herbert
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- The Remains of the Day – Kazuo Ishiguro
What are you planning on reading this year? Let me know in the comments!