The second week of being off track is now over and we are all getting a little stir crazy. With only one week to go there is still time to make some memories and have lots of fun. The moaning about having to go back is already in full swing, especially from my oldest who hasn’t warmed up to his teacher and at this point probably never will. I chalk it up to helping him build character by doing things he doesn’t like. He doesn’t agree.
Here are last week’s highlights –
- The Library – We finally made it over to the library and grabbed a bag full of new books to read and a few DVD’s to watch. Oldest son would only grab science books, and that’s okay because that’s what he loves. The rest are Spongebob and Barbie books. Nothing for me this time, Baby D started acting out before I dared venture into the grown up section. Next time I’m planning on reserving a little something for me so it’s super easy to grab.
- Playing in the snow – it snowed two days last week which meant sledding and snowmen!
- Movies – We love movies around here and almost watch one everyday. It gives the kids a chance to wind down for a while and gives me some much needed peace. Our favorite titles this week were “The Lorax” and “Cloudy and a Chance of Meatballs 2.”
- Planetarium, again – This time we went to the dome theater and watched “Ultimate Universe.” Did I mention that having a membership is really awesome? My son is already planning our next trip.
- More Minecraft! – I’m now hoping that the novelty of playing together is starting to wear off. I’ve spent way more time mining imaginary rock than a sane person should. It’s still pretty fun, but so much screen time is starting to put a kink in my neck and back.
As for me, I’m still pretty happy about how the break has gone. I’ve managed to keep the house under control and have started a new goal with my writing using the Giveit100 website where you work on something for 100 days straight trying to improve. Most people have health and fitness goals, mine is to work on editing my book and get into a habit of working on it everyday. So far it’s working for me and I think it’s fun, I hope it lasts!