Well, my pretties, we’re here at the end. If you’re reading this then you’ve made it this far. Congratulations. This has been a different year for everyone, myself included.
At the beginning of this year, I had some pretty big dreams. I was going to power through editing and publishing the rest of the Shadow Barrier series and had two more books on stand by just waiting for attention. With enough good planning, I was going to get those out this year as well.
And, that didn’t happen.
But, I did get two books out:
In January, I rereleased Stonebearer’s Betrayal, with it’s fabulous new cover. And in June, it’s much awaited sequel – Stonebearer’s Apprentice. The third book in the series, Stonebearer’s Redemption, is a few months from completion. Huzzah.
I don’t think I missed a single week of posting on the blog which resulted in lots of book reviews, movie reviews, and some deep thoughts as I figured out how to live with all the COVID changes. It’s always fun to look back through the work of the year, and this year it’s interesting to note the change in tone of the personal essays as the months of isolation started to take effect.
Anyway, enjoy this end of year list post!
Christmas Movie Review Posts:
Book Reviews of Author Friends
- Strange the Dreamer
- Cinder, Marissa Meyer
- The Fork, The Witch, and The Worm, by Christopher Paolini
- The Diabolic, S.J. Kincaid
- Fragile Things, Neil Gaiman
- Verses for the Dead, Preston and Child
- Flowers For Algernon, Daniel Keyes
- Ghost Story, Jim Butcher
- The Slow Regard of Silent Things, Patrick Rothfuss
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, John Boyne
- The Starless Sea, Erin Morgenstern
- The Library of the Unwritten, A.J. Hackwith
Non-Fiction Book Review
Throwback Movie Reviews
- Pirates of the Caribbean, On Stranger Tides
- Edward Scissorhands
- Pirates of the Caribbean, At World’s End
- Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man’s Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl
- The Hobbit, Extended Edition
- Watching the Extended LOTR with Kids – all Twelve Hours
- DragonHeart (1996) – No Good Trope Goes Untwisted
- Ghostbusters, Answer the Call
- Never Surrender: A Galaxy Quest Documentary
- Jumanji: The Next Level
- Cats 2019: Just, why?
- Breathing New Life into The Little Prince
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil – Potential Gone Wrong
- Toy Story 4, a lesson about letting go
- Aladdin 2019, Hello Bollywood
- Does The Lion King 2019 flirt with the Uncanny Valley?
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, a Romeo and Juliet story?
- The Story of the Bean Plant
- Change is as Good as a Rest
- One-Hit Wonder Syndrome
- Taunting Karma
- Bring on Cozy Fall
- The Sixth Month of a Crisis
- Fear is the Mind Killer
- Don’t Drop the Glass Ball
- The Power of Asking Questions
- Climbing Walls
- About Walls
- Adventure is Out There!
- Too Many Goals, A Cautionary Tale
- My, Oh My, It’s JULY.
- A Swiftly Tilting Experience
- Moving Forward Slowly is Still Moving Forward
- A Different Kind of Tired
- To Become a Master you Must Apprentice First
- Be the Least Interesting Person at the Table
- One Hundred Hours to Success
- The Canyon Between Two Mountains
- Introverts Guide to Being Stuck Home with all the Family
- Staying Away from People: An Introverts Guide for Extroverts
- Meditating when you’re cold
- Five Things I Learned From Reading a Janet Evanovich Novel
- The Soundtrack of your Life
- The 100 Decisions we Make Every Day
- Finding answers in silence
- Seeds in the Soul Garden
- 5 Quotes for Back to School
- Meet the Strong Moms
- 5 Summer Quotes to Distract You
- Stonebearer’s Apprentice is Here!
- My New Favorite Thing: Calm Stories
- The Irresistible Pull of Laughter
- Valentine’s Gifts for the Author in your Life
- Confession: I did not watch the 2020 Oscars
- Life is too short for White Socks
- The Satisfaction of Finishing
- The big oops of reading the wrong schedule
Thank you dear reader for stopping by! If you’d like to be notified of future posts here at JodiLMilner.com, be sure to ‘subscribe’ using the handy links. Or, even better, sign up to be part of my mailing list.