All of my presentation notes are hosted at my other blog “My Literary Quest.” Here is a handy list of links, enjoy! (Note: Still working to put all my notes up, might take a few weeks) Hit “Like” on my Facebook Page to be notified when new posts and notes are available.
Magic Systems 101
- Pt. 1 Why Write Good Magic?
- Pt. 2 Hard Magic vs Soft Magic
- Pt. 3 Sanderson’s Laws of Magic
- Pt. 4 Literary Magic Systems
- Pt. 5 Create Your Own Magic System
Creating Fictional Rites and Rituals
- Pt. 1 The Difference Between Rite and Ritual
- Pt. 2 Elements and Levels of Rituals
- Pt. 3 Creating a Fictional Ritual
Overcoming Ego for Better Head Space
Gut Punch your Audience with Emotion
- Pt. 1 Visceral Experiences and Creating Award Winning Drama
- Pt. 2 Engineering the Perfect Storm and Finding Balance
- Pt. 3 Using Personal Experience and Applying What You’ve Learned
Finding Balance in Storytelling
- Pt. 1 Why is too much action boring?
- Pt. 2 Scene and Sequel
- Pt. 3 Creating a B Story and Hitting a Meaningful Climax
Stay Tuned – more notes from other presentations to come!